What is it?
Invisalign is one of the most comfortable, convenient, and discreet methods of straightening your teeth. With minimal negative impact on how you live, Invisalign braces deliver great results.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a set of invisible aligners that fits over your teeth and are custom-made specifically for you. Invisalign uses cutting-edge 3D imaging technology to develop a series of aligners for each stage of the treatment to steadily shift your teeth into the desired positions. What makes Invisalign even more exceptional is that most people you come in contact with won’t even notice the aligners.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Our highly trained staff will take a digital scan of your teeth, which is then used to make a 3D model of your teeth. This data is sent to Invisalign technicians who work with your one of ROG’s doctors to create a digital treatment plan. Your doctor will show you a virtual representation of how your teeth will move during each stage and what your final smile will look like.
Once your doctor approves the treatment plan, Invisalign’s automated plant will fabricate a complete set of custom aligners for the treatment period.
You’ll switch to a new set of aligners every two weeks (or one week with ROG’s accelerated options). Treatment takes between nine and 15 months, depending on how much your teeth need to shift. During this time, you’ll wear between 18 and 30 different sets of aligners. You’ll visit ROG Orthodontics every 8-10 weeks so our doctors can to confirm whether progress is on track.
What Makes Invisalign Better Than Traditional Braces?
Invisalign comes with all the benefits of traditional braces, as well as a few extras:
- The aligners are removable, so you can eat whatever you desire.
- You can brush and floss your teeth as you normally do without braces being in the way, which reduces the chance of plaque build-up.
- There are no unsightly metal brackets or wires to tighten.
- Invisalign is made of smooth, comfortable plastic instead of metal parts that can irritate your cheeks and gums.
- The aligner don’t come loose like braces will so unscheduled visits to our office are negligible.
- The aligners are clear so most people won’t even notice them.
- You’ll be able to virtually see the anticipated results before starting treatment, thanks to the ground-breaking 3D technology used.
- You only need to visit your doctor every ten weeks or so.
Who Can Benefit from Invisalign?
Invisalign works for adults and teens alike. The main conditions treatable include:
- Gapped teeth due to abnormal continued growth of the jawbone or missing teeth.
- Overbite where the upper teeth bite over the lower teeth, usually caused by the overdevelopment of the jawbone.
- Underbite where the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth, typically caused by undergrowth of the upper jaw, overgrowth of the lower jaw, or both.
- Open bite where some teeth are unable to make contact with the opposite teeth.
- Overly crowded resulting in insufficient room within your jaw for all of your teeth to fit normally.
- Crossbite where both the upper and lower jaws are misaligned.
ROG Orthodontics is the ONLY elite provider of Invisalign in Berks County. Our doctors have treated hundreds of people just like you and our patients are thrilled that they don’t need to wear braces to achieve the fantastic smile they have always wanted. Contact us to find out whether Invisalign can work for you.
Please take a moment to fill out our patient forms:
New Patient Form (child) PDF
New Patient Form (adult) PDF